Saturday, May 19, 2012

Welcome!

by Javier Vargas





I've been spit-balling ideas for quite a while on what I wanted this blog to be about at its core, so thanks for coming along and welcome! I hope we'll be able to share different perspectives on movies and everything to do with them in the near future. Films have always been a great obsession and fascination of mine. Among the first profound memories I have from childhood is that perfect cinema experience. There's nothing like that feeling when the lights finally go dark in the theater and the previews begin, and by some streak of luck, I was just the right age when I went to see the original "Star Wars Trilogy" when it was brought back to the big screen in correspondence with the 20th anniversary of the original film in 1997. 

I was already a huge John Williams fan having watched "Hook" and "Jurassic Park" on the big screen in 1991 and 1993 respectively, so naturally, to be introduced to an epic saga like "Star Wars" in that same fashion was an experience that left me breathless and overjoyed.  From then on I've continued to be captivated by great films, and I feel very privileged to be able to share with you my thoughts not only on films of old, but also on films that we're yet to see!


If you'd like, share your first memory of the cinema in the comment section below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment